Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2017
07 18, 2017
On the last 17th July 2017, Industry Construction Corporation – Descon has organized Annual Shareholders’ Meeting 2017 at 12th floor, HB Tower, 406 Ung Van Khiem St., W.25, Binh Thanh Dis. The meeting was hold according to resolution No. 01/2017/NQ-ĐHĐCĐ, with the participation of:
- The Board of Director of Industry Construction Corporation – Descon
- The Supervisory Board of Industry Construction Corporation – Descon
- The Executive Board of Industry Construction Corporation – Descon
- With Shareholders of Industry Construction Corporation – Descon, legally represent for 26,518,540 shares with voting rights, accounted for 74.6% of the 35,600,000 voting shares.
Speaking at the meeting, Mr. Chau Anh Tuan – Chairman cum General Director presented “Chairman’s message on corporate development strategy” and “Report on the operation of the BOD in 2016 and orientation activities in 2017”. Through that, in 2016, Descon has achieved total revenue of 1,598 trillion VND, gross profit of 132.498 trillion VND.
Oriented in 2017, Descon set target revenue of 1,500 billion VND, of which after-tax profit will be 24 billion VND.
He said that 2017 is a boom year for Vietnam's construction industry, which is expected to grow strongly from 2017 onwards. The process of international integration has made the legal framework increasingly simple, clear, and predictable, technology transfer in construction activities more favorable, import tax fell sharply… From there increased opportunities to import high technology, advanced technology, modern machinery, and high quality materials. However, in order to “not slow down” from the rapid growth of the construction industry, Descon has determined to fulfill unfinished goals in 2016 and conquer new ones in 2017, also finish the organization and personnel restructuring process, constantly updating, applying new technologies, focusing on high discipline in management with the motto “Effective – Honest – Transparent – Safety”.
Also in the meeting, with high rate of approval, the Shareholders voted through the following contents:
- Statement of profit distribution in 2016
- Remuneration report of the Board of Director and Supervisory Board in 2016, remuneration of the Board of Director and Supervisory Board in 2017.
- Planning statement of issuing the individual shares to increase charter capital.
- Statement of choosing auditing company for the fiscal year 2017
- Electing members of the Board of Directors – Supervisory Board of IV term 2017 – 2021.
- Approval statement of Chairman cum General Director
In addition, the shareholders have also elected members of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Board with the results as follows:
- Elected 5 member of the BOD including: Mr. Chau Anh Tuan, Mr. Pham Van Dinh, Mr. Scott Hutchinson (Independent BOD member), Mr. Tran Nguyen Huan (Independent BOD member), and Ms. Nguyen Thi Hai Nam.
- Elected 3 member of the Supervisory Board including: Ms. Bui Tho Quynh Huong, Ms. Duong Thi Bich Hong, and Mr. Duong Dinh Khoi.
The meeting was successfully ended at 11h30 the same day, with transparent and clear reports and plans in 2016 and the upcoming years, Descon and the Shareholders determined to accompany long-term. Descon will attempt and strive further to continue to refresh ourselves in order to bring the highest values, benefits and best performance to the shareholders, customers and partners.